I came across this news on one of naijas top blogs, and it caught me. I had a flash back to a question a young man once asked my dad, “why do the rich get richer and the poor, poorer”
- Yemi Osinbajo, Nigeria's acting president has inaugurated the board of the Nigerian Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Council - Among the inaugurated members of the council is Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote and Peterside - The Council is expected to plan and supervise policies that will speed up Nigeria’s industrialization bid. Yemi Osinbajo,
Nigeria's acting president has on May 30 inaugurated the board of the Nigerian Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Council. The 36-member Council, will be chaired by the acting president himself.
I read further and noticed that the remaining 34 members are made up of CEOs and managing directors of productive sectors in the country.
Why were these posts not shared among the 36 homeless men in Abuja or the 36 beggars on the capital’s streets?
This should leave you thinking.
…….. if you’re still not coming up with any thought, let me help you…..
STEP UP YOUR GAME!
THE WORLD WANTS SOMEONE THAT HAS SOMETHING TO OFFER.
List of members BELOW:
The members are drawn from representatives of the public and private sectors as well as a seven-member Technical Committee.
1. His Excellency, the Acting President and Chairman of the EMT, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (Chairman)
2. Hon. Minister, Industry Trade and Investment, Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah (Vice-Chairman, Public Sector)
3. Hon. Minister of State, Industry, Trade and Investment, Mrs. Aisha Abubakar (Alternate Vice-Chairman, Public Sector)
4. President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote (Vice-Chairman, Private Sector) Chairman, ANAP Business Jets Ltd, Mr. Atedo Peterside (Alternate Vice-Chairman, Private Sector)
FULL LIST OTHER PRIVATE SECTOR MEMBERS:
1. Chairman, Nigerian Breweries and PZ Cussons Chief Kola Jamodu
2. Chairman, BUA Group Alhaji Abdulsamad Rabiu
3. Chairman, IVM Innoson Group of Companies Limited Dr. Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma
4. GMD, Chi Foods Nigeria Mr. Rahul Savara
5. Chairman, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Mr. John Coumantarous
6. CEO, Emzor Pharmaceuticals Mrs. Stella Okoli
7. Country Head, Olam Mr. Mukul Mathur
8. President/CEO Beloxxi Industries Limited Mr. Obi Ezeude
9. MD/CEO Fidson Healthcare Plc Dr. Fidelis Ayebea
10. Founder, Flutterwave Mr. Iyinoluwa Aboyeji
11. President & CEO, GE Business Operations Nigeria Mr. Lazarus Angbazo
12. CEO, Jumia Mrs. Juliet Anamah
13. CEO, SecureID Nigeria Ltd Mrs. Kofo Akinkugbe
14. Chairman/C.E.O, AMMASCO International Limited Alhaji Ado Mustapha
15. Chairman, KAM Industries Alhaji Kamaldeen Yusuf
16. Chairman, United Textiles Plc Alhaji Adamu Atta
17. Chairman Candel Corporation; CEO Swift Networks Mr. Charles Anudu
18. Chairman, Rumbu Sacks Nigeria Limited Alhaji Ibrahim Salisu Buhari
19. Chairman, Tofa Group Mr. Isiaku Tofa
20. MD/CEO Proforce Limited Mr. Ade Ogundeyin
21. President, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria Dr. Frank Udemba Jacobs
OTHER PUBLIC SECTOR MEMBERS: 1. Hon. Minister for Budget & National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma 2. Hon. Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun 3. Hon. Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh 4. Hon. Minister for Power, Works & Housing, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola 5. Hon. Minister for Transportation, Chief Rotimi Amaechi 6. Hon. Minister of State, Petroleum Resources Dr. Ibe Kachikwu 7. Hon. Minister for Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi 8. Hon. Minister for Science & Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu 9. Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS: 1. Economic Adviser to the President Dr. Yemi Dipeolu 2. Trade Adviser/Chief Negotiator Amb. Chiedu Osakwe 3. MD, Bank of Industry Mr. Waheed Olagunju 4. Exec. Director/CEO, Nigerian Export Promotion Council, Mr. Olusegun Awolowo 5. Executive Secretary, Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission Ms. Yewande Sadiku 6. Statistician-General, National Bureau of Statistics Dr. Yemi Kale 7. CEO, Economic Associates Dr. Ayo Teriba